Summary: Rice noodles are combined with vegetables in this easy stir-fry recipe, then a tasty sauce featuring Thai basil, lemon juice and soy sauce finishes it off in style. This is a speedy meal which is easy to prepare and full of excellent Southeast Asian flavor.
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 lemon, ½ for juice, ½ wedged for garnish
- 8 oz uncooked rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 oz cubed firm tofu
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- ½ sliced yellow onion
- ½ sliced yellow bell pepper
- 3 chopped Roma tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped fresh Holy basil (Thai basil)
- 4 sprigs cilantro, for garnish
- Cook the rice noodles following the instructions on the package.
- Combine the rice vinegar with the soy sauce, hot sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Add the cooked noodles and fully coat with the sauce, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Add the tofu, onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, tomatoes and basil and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add the sauce and noodle mixture to the wok, and toss everything together for 3 more minutes or until the flavors are combined.
- Taste and add more rice vinegar, soy sauce, hot sauce, sugar or lemon juice, if needed.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon and some cilantro as a garnish.
Preparation time: PT10M Cooking time: PT10M
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Thai